Priority themes by cycle
The 5% Initiative publishes two calls for proposals each year to elicit proposals from civil society organizations, national programs or research institutions from France or eligible countries. The projects must be constructed in partnership with multiple entities, including organizations from the countries concerned. Complementarity with Global Fund programmes, the relevance and authenticity of these partnerships and ownership of the project by beneficiaries are the main selection criteria.
A three-year call for proposals format has been in place since 2006. The objective is twofold: to allow tenderers organizations from eligible countries and French organizations- to better prepare their proposals and to progressively expand the 5% Initiative's project portfolio.
2016 - 2019
- Access to quality health services for marginalized populations
- Strengthening the quality and accessibility of national and community health systems
- Adolescents and young girls
- Integration of vertical programs
- Key populations
- Supply and inventory management
- Operational research
- Strengthening Health systems