Make a project proposal
We fund development projects that complement those financed by the Global Fund, and address priority issues: intervention projects and operational research projects. These projects must reflect relevant partnerships comprising international and local organizations, and advocate for project ownership by the beneficiary.
WHO ARE THE BENEFICIARIES?
All Global Fund-funded program stakeholders in L'Initiative eligible countries through:
- National applications submitted by recipient country organizations:
- Country Coordinating Mechanisms(CCMs)
- Principal Recipients, Sub-Recipients and Sub-Sub-Recipients of the Global Fund
- National pandemic control programs
- Government agencies
- Civil society actors
- Regional applications by a single applicant organization (CCM, for example).
FOR HOW LONG?
- Grants are awarded for a period of 24 to 36 months.
HOW THE GRANTS ALLOCATED?
- Grants are awarded through dedicated competitive calls for proposals.
Intervention projects follow a two-stage process and for operational research projects, it is a one-stage process.
Stage 1 - January-May: Submit letter of intent
- January: Publication of the calls on L'Initiative's website
- January to february: Development phase for letters of intent
- End of february: Letters of intent received
- March: Checking eligibility of letters of intent
- March to april: Preselection of letters of intent.
Stage 2 - June-December: Proposal development
- May to July: Development phase of full projects for pre-selected letters of intent
- July to August: Notification of full projects
- September to october: Selection of full projects by the selection committee
- November: Final selection of full projects after conditions set by the committee have been applied (if applicable)
The project selection process has two phases.
- During phase 1, projects will be pre-selected based on the letters of intent.
- During phase 2, only pre-selected applicants will receive the documents to submit full applications. Full applications will be reviewed and will then be presented to the pre-selection committee in July 2020.
Each year, two calls for operational research proposals are published by the Initiative :
First call :
- December N-1: Call for projects published
- February N: Submission of letters of intent - Phase 1
- March N: Selection of letters of intent
- May N:Submission of full projects - phase 2
- July N: Final selection of the first call.
Full projects that are not selected in the present call but that the selection committee recommends for resubmission, can be submitted in phase 2 of the second call. They will have to take into account the selection committee's comments and recommendations.
Second call :
- April N: Call for projects published
- May N: Submission of letters of intent - Phase 1
- July N: Selection of letters of intent
- September N: Submission of full projects - phase 2
- December N: Final selection of the second call.